I wanted to share a few of my favourites with you, some of which are not pictured above:
1. Majorlica Majorca mascara - this is one of those fibre mascaras that add length and thickness to your lashes. However, it can be a pain in the ass to remove. Nothing that Bioderma Crealine can't fix though, which brings me to my next point...
2. Bioderma Crealine (not pictured) - Not cheap (at least in SEA countries) but so, so worth it. This will remove any kind of make up you slap onto your face with unbelievable ease - waterproof eyeliner, lip laquers, you name it.
And it's so gentle on the skin. Have friends traveling to France?
Call in a personal favour and ask them to hoard bottles of this stuff back for you.
3. Bobbi Brown Creamy Corrector (in 'Dark Bisque') - the only thing that will cover my under-eye circles. The salmon coloured corrector counters the deep brown tones of my under-eyes, and its creamy consistency is so moisturizing for the delicate eye area.
4. Shu Uemura eyelash curler - The best. I have converted all my friends into loyal fans of this metal contraption. And yes, there IS a difference between this eyelash curler and the cheap ones that you can get at the drugstore. Save yourself the trial and error, and invest in this baby because it will open up your eyes and make it look that much wider.
5. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Only thing that stops my eyelids from getting shiny.
6. NARS blush (in 'Gilda') - I love NARS blushes. They're of beautiful quality, highly pigmented, and last for ages.
Gilda is a matte coral-pink blush that looks wonderful on fair and tan skin - I whack this stuff on in the winter, for a wonderfully flushed and healthy-looking glow.
7. Dior Rouge Dior Lipstick (in #526 'Rare Amber') - smooth, coral lipstick with a hint of red, and very subtle gold shimmer. I'm not sure if this product has now been discontinued, but if so I will be devastated.
This is my "your lips, but better" colour, and is my go-to lipstick for a natural look.
8. Make Up Forever Full Cover Concealer (in #6) - highly pigmented, waterproof concealer (you can now swim without fear, ladies!) with a tube that dispenses the product with a pin-point precision. A little goes a long way, so this tube lasts for-frickin'-ever. It's too drying for the under-eye area, so I mainly use this for the face. My concealer for the under-eyes...
9. Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer (in shade 03, not pictured) -
This, my friends, is the BEST concealer you will ever use.
Thin, gel-like consistency with great coverage. Perfect for the face AND under-eyes.
This isn't available in SG or Melbourne, so I get my friends in the UK to buy me tubes of this shit because
I CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT IT *clings onto the tube desperately*. And, it costs under 5 pounds!!!
10. Make Up Store lipgloss (in 'Amaryllis') - I don't usually wear lipgloss (because I hate my hair getting stuck to my lips) but when I do, it's this. Bright, warm red that goes on quite sheer and tastes of jasmine :)
And that is it! I realise it's a fairly long post, but this really isn't even the tip of the iceberg when it comes to beauty products that I can't live without. Hope you enjoyed the chat! x
Follow me on Instagram: @paintingrachelred for more updates.